Meaning of tie-up
Pronunciation: (tī'up"), [key]
- a temporary stoppage or slowing of business, traffic, telephone service, etc., as due to a strike, storm, or accident.
- the act or state of tying up or the state of being tied up.
- an involvement, connection, or entanglement: the tie-up between the two companies; his tie-up with the crime syndicate.
- a mooring place; place where a boat may be tied up.
- a cow barn with stalls.
- a stall allotted to each cow in such a barn.
- tie-up (Thesaurus)