Meaning of tidy
Pronunciation: (tī'dē), [key]
— adj., v., n., pl. -di•er, -di•est, -died, -dy•ing, -dies.
- neat, orderly, or trim, as in appearance or dress: a tidy room; a tidy person.
- clearly organized and systematic: a tidy mind; a tidy way of working.
- tolerably good; acceptable: They worked out a tidy arrangement agreeable to all.
- fairly large; considerable: a tidy sum.
- to make tidy or neat (often fol. by up).
- any of various articles for keeping things tidy, as a box having small drawers and compartments.
- an antimacassar.
- tidy (Thesaurus)