Meaning of thump
Pronunciation: (thump), [key]
- a blow with something thick and heavy, producing a dull sound; a heavy knock.
- the sound made by or as if by such a blow.
- to strike or beat with something thick and heavy, so as to produce a dull sound; pound.
- (of an object) to strike against (something) heavily and noisily.
- to thrash severely.
- to strike, beat, or fall heavily, with a dull sound.
- to walk with heavy steps; pound.
- to palpitate or beat violently, as the heart.
- thump (Thesaurus)