Meaning of territorial
Pronunciation: (ter"i-tôr'ē-ul, -tōr'-), [key]
- of or pertaining to territory or land.
- of, pertaining to, associated with, or restricted to a particular territory or district; local.
- pertaining or belonging to the territory of a state or ruler.
- (of an animal) characterized by territoriality; defending an area against intruders, esp. of the same species.
- (often cap.) of or pertaining to a territory of the U.S.
- (cap.)organized on a local basis for home defense: the British Territorial Army.
- (cap.) a member of the British Territorial Army.
- a soldier in a territorial army.
- territorial (Thesaurus)