Meaning of telescopic
Pronunciation: (tel"u-skop'ik), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a telescope.
- capable of magnifying distant objects: a telescopic lens.
- obtained by means of a telescope: a telescopic view of the moon.
- seen by a telescope; visible only through a telescope.
- capable of viewing objects from a distance; farseeing: a telescopic eye.
- consisting of parts that slide one within another like the tubes of a jointed telescope and are thus capable of being extended or shortened.
- telescopic (Thesaurus)