Meaning of technique
Pronunciation: (tek-nēk'), [key]
- the manner and ability with which an artist, writer, dancer, athlete, or the like employs the technical skills of a particular art or field of endeavor.
- the body of specialized procedures and methods used in any specific field, esp. in an area of applied science.
- method of performance; way of accomplishing.
- technical skill; ability to apply procedures or methods so as to effect a desired result.
- method of projecting personal charm, appeal, etc.: He has the greatest technique with customers.
- technique (Thesaurus)