Meaning of tassel
Pronunciation: (tas'ul), [key]
— n., v., -seled, -sel•ing -selled, -sel•ling.
- a pendent ornament consisting commonly of a bunch of threads, small cords, or other strands hanging from a roundish knob or head, used on clothing, in jewelry, on curtains, etc.
- something resembling this, as the inflorescence of certain plants, esp. that at the summit of a stalk of corn.
- to furnish or adorn with tassels.
- to form into a tassel or tassels.
- to remove the tassel from (growing corn) in order to improve the crop.
- (of corn) to put forth tassels (often fol. by out).
- tassel (Thesaurus)