Meaning of tandem
Pronunciation: (tan'dum), [key]
- one following or behind the other: to drive horses tandem.
- They swam in tandem.
- in single file:They swam in tandem.
- in association or partnership.
- having animals, seats, parts, etc., arranged tandem or one behind another.
- a vehicle, as a truck, tractor, or trailer, in which a pair or pairs of axles are arranged in tandem.
- See(def. 1).
- a team of horses harnessed one behind the other.
- a two-wheeled carriage with a high driver's seat, drawn by two or more horses so harnessed.
- any of various mechanisms having a tandem arrangement.
- tandem (Thesaurus)