Meaning of takeout
Pronunciation: (tāk'out"), [key]
- the act or fact of taking out.
- something made to be taken out, esp. food prepared in a store or restaurant to be carried out for consumption elsewhere.
- a store, restaurant, or counter specializing in preparing food meant to be carried out for consumption elsewhere.
- a section, as of a magazine, that may be removed intact, usually consisting of a story, article, or set of illustrations.
- Also calleda long-term real-estate mortgage arranged for a building the construction of which is financed by an interim short-term loan
- Bridge.a bid in a suit or denomination different from the one bid by one's partner.
- Poker.the minimum with which a player can begin.
- pertaining to or supplying food and drink to be taken out and consumed elsewhere: the takeout window of a restaurant.
- of, pertaining to, or providing a takeout mortgage: The high-rise developer has found a takeout commitment from a large insurance company.
- takeout (Thesaurus)