takeoff: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tāk'ôf", -of"), [key]
- a taking or setting off; the leaving of the ground, as in leaping or in beginning a flight in an airplane.
- a taking off from a starting point, as in beginning a race.
- the place or point at which a person or thing takes off.
- a humorous or satirical imitation; burlesque.
- a shaft geared to a main shaft for running auxiliary machinery.
- a branch connection to a pipe, electric line, etc.
- takeoff (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.