Meaning of synchronism
Pronunciation: (sing'kru-niz"um), [key]
- coincidence in time; contemporaneousness; simultaneousness.
- the arrangement or treatment of synchronous things or events in conjunction, as in a history.
- a tabular arrangement of historical events or personages, grouped according to their dates.
- the state of being synchronous.
- the simultaneous occurrence of causally unrelated events and the belief that the simultaneity has meaning beyond mere coincidence.
- synchronism (Thesaurus)