sympathize: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sim'pu-thīz"), [key]
— -thized, -thiz•ing.
- to be in sympathy or agreement of feeling; share in a feeling (often fol. by with).
- to feel a compassionate sympathy, as for suffering or trouble (often fol. by with).
- to express sympathy or condole (often fol. by with).
- to be in approving accord, as with a person or cause: to sympathize with a person's aims.
- to agree, correspond, or accord.
- sympathize (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.