symbiosis: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sim"bē-ō'sis, -bī-), [key]
— pl. -ses
- the living together of two dissimilar organisms, as in mutualism, commensalism, amensalism, or parasitism.
- (formerly) mutualism (def. 1).
- a relationship between two people in which each person is dependent upon and receives reinforcement, whether beneficial or detrimental, from the other.
- the relationship between an infant and its mother in which the infant is dependent on the mother both physically and emotionally.
- any interdependent or mutually beneficial relationship between two persons, groups, etc.
- symbiosis (Thesaurus)