Meaning of swipe
Pronunciation: (swīp), [key]
— n., v., swiped, swip•ing.
- a strong, sweeping blow, as with a cricket bat or golf club.
- a swing of the arm in order to strike somebody; punch.
- a sideswipe.
- a critical or cutting remark.
- a leverlike device for raising or lowering a weight, esp. a bucket in a well; sweep.
- a person who rubs down horses in a stable; groom.
- to strike with a sweeping blow.
- to steal: He'll swipe anything that isn't nailed down.
- to make a sweeping stroke.
- swipe (Thesaurus)