suspension: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (su-spen'shun), [key]
- the act of suspending.
- the state of being suspended.
- temporary abrogation or withholding, as of a law, privilege, decision, belief, etc.
- stoppage of payment of debts or claims because of financial inability or insolvency.
- the state in which the particles of a substance are mixed with a fluid but are undissolved.
- a substance in such a state.
- a system consisting of small particles kept dispersed by agitationor by the molecular motion in the surrounding medium
- something on or by which something else is suspended or hung.
- something that is suspended or hung.
- Also calledthe arrangement of springs, shock absorbers, hangers, etc., in an automobile, railway car, etc., connecting the wheel-suspension units or axles to the chassis frame.
- a wire, filament, or group of wires by which the conducting part of an instrument or device is suspended.
- the prolongation of a tone in one chord into the following chord, usually producing a temporary dissonance.
- the tone so prolonged.
- the heightening of interest by delay of the main subject or clause, especially by means of a series of parallel preceding elements.
- suspension (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.