Meaning of surveyor
Pronunciation: (sur-vā'ur), [key]
- a person whose occupation is surveying.
- an overseer or supervisor.
- a person who inspects something officially for the purpose of ascertaining condition, value, etc.
- (formerly) a U.S. customs official responsible for ascertaining the quantity and value of imported merchandise.
- (cap.)one of a series of space probes (1966–68) that analyzed lunar soil and obtained other scientific information after soft-landing on the moon.
- surveyor (Thesaurus)