Meaning of suppression
Pronunciation: (su-presh'un), [key]
- the act of suppressing.
- the state of being suppressed.
- conscious inhibition of an impulse.
- the absence of parts normally or usually present due to the action of frost, disease, or insects.
- the elimination of a component of a varying emission, as the elimination of a frequency or group of frequencies from a signal.
- the reduction or elimination of irregular current oscillations or frequencies in a circuit.
- suppression (Thesaurus)