supine: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adj.s-pīn'n.s'pīn), [key]
- lying on the back, face or front upward.
- inactive, passive, or inert, esp. from indolence or indifference.
- (of the hand) having the palm upward.
- (in Latin) a noun form derived from verbs, appearing only in the accusative and the dative-ablative, as dictū in mirābile dictū, “wonderful to say.”
- (in English) the simple infinitive of a verb preceded by to.
- an analogous form in some other language.
- supine (Thesaurus)