Meaning of suggest
Pronunciation: (sug-jest', su-), [key]
- to mention or introduce (an idea, proposition, plan, etc.) for consideration or possible action: The architect suggested that the building be restored.
- to propose (a person or thing) as suitable or possible for some purpose: We suggested him for president.
- (of things) to prompt the consideration, making, doing, etc., of: The glove suggests that she was at the scene of the crime.
- to bring before a person's mind indirectly or without plain expression: I didn't tell him to leave, I only suggested it.
- to call (something) up in the mind through association or natural connection of ideas: The music suggests a still night.
- suggest (Thesaurus)