suffocate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (suf'u-kāt"), [key]
— v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
- to kill by preventing the access of air to the blood through the lungs or analogous organs, as gills; strangle.
- to impede the respiration of.
- to discomfort by a lack of fresh or cool air.
- to overcome or extinguish; suppress.
- to become suffocated; stifle; smother.
- to be uncomfortable due to a lack of fresh or cool air.
- suffocate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.