Meaning of sue
Pronunciation: (s), [key]
— v., sued, su•ing.
- to institute a process in law against; bring a civil action against: to sue someone for damages.
- to woo or court.
- to make petition or appeal to.
- to institute legal proceedings, or bring suit: She threatened to sue.
- to make petition or appeal: to sue for peace.
- to court a woman.
- to make application for or apply for and obtain (a writ or the like) from a court of law.
Pronunciation: (œ-zhen'), [key]
— n. Fr.
- (Marie Joseph Sue), 1804–57, French novelist.
- a female given name, form of
- sue (Thesaurus)