submit: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sub-mit'), [key]
— v., -mit•ted, -mit•ting.
- to give over or yield to the power or authority of another (often used reflexively).
- to subject to some kind of treatment or influence.
- to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another or others: to submit a plan; to submit an application.
- to state or urge with deference; suggest or propose (usually fol. by a clause): I submit that full proof should be required.
- to yield oneself to the power or authority of another: to submit to a conqueror.
- to allow oneself to be subjected to some kind of treatment: to submit to chemotherapy.
- to defer to another's judgment, opinion, decision, etc.: I submit to your superior judgment.
- submit (Thesaurus)