Meaning of sublimate
Pronunciation: (v.sub'lu-māt"n., adj.sub'lu-mit, -māt"), [key]
— v., n., adj. -mat•ed, -mat•ing,
- to divert the energy of (a sexual or other biological impulse) from its immediate goal to one of a more acceptable social, moral, or aesthetic nature or use.
- to sublime (a solid substance); extract by this process.
- to refine or purify (a substance).
- to make nobler or purer: To read about great men sublimates ambition.
- to become sublimated; undergo sublimation.
- the crystals, deposit, or material obtained when a substance is sublimated.
- purified or exalted; sublimated.
- sublimate (Thesaurus)