Meaning of subjective
Pronunciation: (sub-jek'tiv), [key]
- existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
- pertaining to or characteristic of an individual; personal; individual: a subjective evaluation.
- placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.
- relating to or of the nature of an object as it is known in the mind as distinct from a thing in itself.
- relating to properties or specific conditions of the mind as distinguished from general or universal experience.
- pertaining to the subject or substance in which attributes inhere; essential.
- pertaining to or constituting the subject of a sentence.
- (in English and certain other languages) noting a case specialized for that use, as He in He hit the ball.
- similar to such a case in meaning. Cf.nominative.
- characteristic of a political subject; submissive.
- subjective (Thesaurus)