stumble: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (stum'bul), [key]
— v., n. -bled, -bling,
- to strike the foot against something, as in walking or running, so as to stagger or fall; trip.
- to walk or go unsteadily: to stumble down a dark passage.
- to make a slip, mistake, or blunder, esp. a sinful one: to stumble over a question; to stumble and fall from grace.
- to proceed in a hesitating or blundering manner, as in action or speech (often fol. by along).
- to discover or meet with accidentally or unexpectedly (usually fol. by on, upon, or across): They stumbled on a little village.
- to falter or hesitate, as at an obstacle to progress or belief.
- to cause to stumble; trip.
- to give pause to; puzzle or perplex.
- the act of stumbling.
- a moral lapse or error.
- a slip or blunder.
- stumble (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.