Meaning of structural
Pronunciation: (struk'chur-ul), [key]
- of or pertaining to structure; pertaining or essential to a structure.
- pertaining to organic structure; morphological.
- of or pertaining to geological structure, as of rock or strata.
- pertaining to or showing the arrangement or mode of attachment of the atoms that constitute a molecule of a substance. Cf.
- resulting from or pertaining to political or economic structure.
- of, pertaining to, or based on the assumption that the elements of a field of study are naturally arranged in a systematic structure: structural grammar.
- a part of a structure that carries a load.
- the structural member used for such a part.
- structural (Thesaurus)