Meaning of strategic
Pronunciation: (stru-tē'jik), [key]
- pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of strategy: strategic movements.
- important in or essential to strategy.
- (of an action, as a military operation or a move in a game) forming an integral part of a stratagem: a strategic move in a game of chess.
- a strategic bombing mission.
- intended to render the enemy incapable of making war, as by the destruction of materials, factories, etc.:a strategic bombing mission.
- essential to the conduct of a war:Copper is a strategic material.
- strategic (Thesaurus)