Meaning of stranger
Pronunciation: (strān'jur), [key]
- a person with whom one has had no personal acquaintance: He is a perfect stranger to me.
- a newcomer in a place or locality: a stranger in town.
- an outsider: They want no strangers in on the club meetings.
- a person who is unacquainted with or unaccustomed to something (usually fol. by to): He is no stranger to poverty.
- a person who is not a member of the family, group, community, or the like, as a visitor or guest: Our town shows hospitality to strangers.
- one not privy or party to an act, proceeding, etc.
- stranger (Thesaurus)