sterile: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ster'il or, esp. Brit., -īl), [key]
- free from living germs or microorganisms; aseptic: sterile surgical instruments.
- incapable of producing offspring; not producing offspring.
- barren; not producing vegetation: sterile soil.
- noting a plant in which reproductive structures fail to develop.
- bearing no stamens or pistils.
- not productive of results, ideas, etc.; fruitless.
- sterile (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.