squelch: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (skwelch), [key]
- to strike or press with crushing force; crush down; squash.
- to put down, suppress, or silence, as with a crushing retort or argument.
- to make a splashing sound.
- to tread heavily in water, mud, wet shoes, etc., with such a sound.
- a squelched or crushed mass of anything.
- a splashing sound.
- an act of squelching or suppressing, as by a crushing retort or argument.
- Also calleda circuit in a receiver, as a radio receiver, that automatically reduces or eliminates noise when the receiver is tuned to a frequency at which virtually no carrier wave occurs.
- squelch (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.