Meaning of squadron
Pronunciation: (skwod'run), [key]
- a portion of a naval fleet or a detachment of warships; a subdivision of a fleet.
- an armored cavalry or cavalry unit consisting of two or more troops, a headquarters, and various supporting units.
- (in the U.S. Air Force).
- the basic administrative and tactical unit, smaller than a group and composed of two or more flights.
- a flight formation.
- a number of persons grouped or united together for some purpose; group.
- to form into a squadron or squadrons; marshal or array in or as if in squadrons.
- squadron (Thesaurus)