splinter: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (splin'tur), [key]
- a small, thin, sharp piece of wood, bone, or the like, split or broken off from the main body.
- to split or break into splinters.
- to break off (something) in splinters.
- to split or break (a larger group) into separate factions or independent groups.
- to secure or support by a splint or splints, as a broken limb.
- to be split or broken into splinters.
- to break off in splinters.
- splinter (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.