Meaning of splay
Pronunciation: (splā), [key]
- to spread out, expand, or extend.
- to form with an oblique angle; make slanting; bevel.
- to make with a splay or splays.
- to disjoin; dislocate.
- to have an oblique or slanting direction.
- to spread or flare.
- a surface that makes an oblique angle with another, as where the opening through a wall for a window or door widens from the window or door proper toward the face of the wall.
- spread out; wide and flat; turned outward.
- clumsy or awkward.
- oblique or awry.
- splay (Thesaurus)