Meaning of splash
Pronunciation: (splash), [key]
- to wet or soil by dashing masses or particles of water, mud, or the like; spatter: Don't splash her dress!
- to fall upon (something) in scattered masses or particles, as a liquid does.
- to cause to appear spattered.
- to dash (water, mud, etc.) about in scattered masses or particles.
- to make (one's way) with splashing: He splashed his way across the pool.
- to move (logs) by releasing a body of water from a splash dam.
- to dash a liquid or semiliquid substance about.
- to fall, move, or strike with a splash or splashes.
- (of liquid) to dash with force in scattered masses or particles.
- the act of splashing.
- the sound of splashing.
- a quantity of some liquid or semiliquid substance splashed upon or in a thing.
- a spot caused by something splashed.
- a patch, as of color or light.
- the act of splashing logs.
- water released, as from a splash dam, for splashing logs.
- a striking show or impression.
- splash (Thesaurus)