spite: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (spīt), [key]
— n., v., spit•ed, spit•ing.
- a malicious, usually petty, desire to harm, annoy, frustrate, or humiliate another person; bitter ill will; malice.
- a particular instance of such an attitude or action; grudge.
- something that causes vexation; annoyance.
- in disregard or defiance of; notwithstanding; despite: She arrived at school on time in spite of the snowstorm.
- to treat with spite or malice.
- to annoy or thwart, out of spite.
- to fill with spite; vex; offend.
- See(def. 14).
- spite (Thesaurus)