Meaning of spiritualism
Pronunciation: (spir'i-ch-u-liz"um), [key]
- the belief or doctrine that the spirits of the dead, surviving after the mortal life, can and do communicate with the living, esp. through a person (a medium) particularly susceptible to their influence.
- the practices or phenomena associated with this belief.
- the belief that all reality is spiritual.
- any of various doctrines maintaining that the ultimate reality is spirit or mind.
- spiritual quality or tendency.
- insistence on the spiritual side of things, as in philosophy or religion.
- spiritualism (Thesaurus)