Meaning of spiritual
Pronunciation: (spir'i-ch-ul), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or consisting of spirit; incorporeal.
- of or pertaining to the spirit or soul, as distinguished from the physical nature: a spiritual approach to life.
- closely akin in interests, attitude, outlook, etc.: the professor's spiritual heir in linguistics.
- of or pertaining to spirits or to spiritualists; supernatural or spiritualistic.
- characterized by or suggesting predominance of the spirit; ethereal or delicately refined: She is more of a spiritual type than her rowdy brother.
- of or pertaining to the spirit as the seat of the moral or religious nature.
- of or pertaining to sacred things or matters; religious; devotional; sacred.
- of or belonging to the church; ecclesiastical: lords spiritual and temporal.
- of or relating to the mind or intellect.
- a spiritual or religious song: authentic folk spirituals.
- affairs of the church.
- a spiritual thing or matter.
- spiritual (Thesaurus)