spine: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (spīn), [key]
- the spinal or vertebral column; backbone.
- any backbonelike part.
- a stiff, pointed process or appendage on an animal, as a quill of a porcupine, or a sharp, bony ray in the fin of a fish.
- something, as a quality or trait, that constitutes a principal strength; resolution; stamina; backbone: a situation that would test a person's spine.
- a ridge, as of ground or rock.
- a sharp-pointed, hard or woody outgrowth on a plant; thorn.
- the back of a book cover or binding, usually indicating the title and author.
- spine (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.