speculative: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (spek'yu-lā"tiv, -lu-tiv), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- pertaining to, of the nature of, or characterized by speculation, contemplation, conjecture, or abstract reasoning: a speculative approach.
- theoretical, rather than practical: speculative conclusions.
- given to speculation, as persons, the mind, etc.
- of the nature of or involving commercial or financial speculation: speculative ventures.
- engaging in or given to such speculation.