Meaning of specialize
Pronunciation: (spesh'u-līz"), [key]
— v., -ized, -iz•ing.
- to pursue some special line of study, work, etc.; have a specialty: The doctor specializes in gastroenterology.
- (of an organism or one of its organs) to be adapted to a special function or environment.
- to render special or specific; invest with a special character, function, etc.
- to adapt to special conditions; restrict to specific limits.
- to restrict payment of (a negotiable instrument) by endorsing over to a specific payee.
- to specify; particularize.
- specialize (Thesaurus)