spawn: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (spôn), [key]
- the mass of eggs deposited by fishes, amphibians, mollusks, crustaceans, etc.
- the mycelium of mushrooms, esp. of the species grown for the market.
- a swarming brood; numerous progeny.
- any person or thing regarded as the offspring of some stock, idea, etc.
- to deposit eggs or sperm directly into the water, as fishes.
- to produce (spawn).
- to give birth to; give rise to: His sudden disappearance spawned many rumors.
- to produce in large number.
- to plant with mycelium.
- spawn (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.