spat: Meaning and Definition of
— n., v., spat•ted, spat•ting.
- a petty quarrel.
- a light blow; slap; smack.
- to engage in a petty quarrel or dispute.
- to splash or spatter; rain spatting against the window.
- to strike lightly; slap.
- a pt. and pp. of.
- a short gaiter worn over the instep and usually fastened under the foot with a strap, worn esp. in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- the spawn of an oyster or similar shellfish.
- young oysters collectively.
- a young oyster.
- spat (Thesaurus)