sparkle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (spär'kul), [key]
— v., n. -kled, -kling,
- to issue in or as if in little sparks, as fire or light: The candlelight sparkled in the crystal.
- to emit little sparks, as burning matter: The flames leaped and sparkled.
- to shine or glisten with little gleams of light, as a brilliant gem; glitter; coruscate.
- to effervesce, as wine.
- to be brilliant, lively, or vivacious.
- to cause to sparkle: moonlight sparkling the water; pleasure sparkling her eyes.
- a little spark or fiery particle.
- a sparkling appearance, luster, or play of light: the sparkle of a diamond.
- brilliance, liveliness, or vivacity.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.