Meaning of soup
Pronunciation: (sp), [key]
- a liquid food made by boiling or simmering meat, fish, or vegetables with various added ingredients.
- a thick fog.
- added power, esp. horsepower.
- developing solution.
- from the first through the last course of a meal.
- from beginning to end; to a complete, encompassing degree; leaving nothing out.
- in trouble: He'll be in the soup when the truth comes out.
- a political rally souped up by the appearance of the candidates.
- to improve the capacity for speed or increase the efficiency of (a motor or engine) by increasing the richness of the fuel mixture or the efficiency of the fuel, or by adjusting the engine.
- to give spirit or vivacity to; enliven:a political rally souped up by the appearance of the candidates.
- soup (Thesaurus)