Meaning of sorry
Pronunciation: (sor'ē, sôr'ē), [key]
— -ri•er, -ri•est.
- feeling regret, compunction, sympathy, pity, etc.: to be sorry to leave one's friends; to be sorry for a remark; to be sorry for someone in trouble.
- regrettable or deplorable; unfortunate; tragic: a sorry situation; to come to a sorry end.
- sorrowful, grieved, or sad: Was she sorry when her brother died?
- associated with sorrow; suggestive of grief or suffering; melancholy; dismal.
- wretched, poor, useless, or pitiful: a sorry horse.
- (used interjectionally as a conventional apology or expression of regret): Sorry, you're misinformed. Did I bump you? Sorry.
- sorry (Thesaurus)