Meaning of something
Pronunciation: (sum'thing"), [key]
- some thing; a certain undetermined or unspecified thing: Something is wrong there. Something's happening.
- an additional amount, as of cents or minutes, that is unknown, unspecified, or forgotten: He charged me ten something for the hat. Our train gets in at two something.
- a person or thing of some value or consequence: He is really something! This writer has something to say and she says it well.
- in some degree; to some extent; somewhat.
- to a high or extreme degree; quite: He took on something fierce about my tardiness.