Meaning of snug
Pronunciation: (snug), [key]
— adj., v., adv., n. snug•ger, snug•gest, snugged, snug•ging,
- warmly comfortable or cozy, as a place, accommodations, etc.: a snug little house.
- fitting closely, as a garment: a snug jacket.
- more or less compact or limited in size, and sheltered or warm: a snug harbor.
- trim, neat, or compactly arranged, as a ship or its parts.
- comfortably circumstanced, as persons.
- pleasant or agreeable, esp. in a small, exclusive way: a snug coterie of writers.
- enabling one to live in comfort: a snug fortune.
- secret; concealed; well-hidden: a snug hideout.
- to lie closely or comfortably; nestle.
- to make snug.
- to prepare for a storm by taking in sail, lashing deck gear, etc. (usually fol. by down).
- in a snug manner: The shirt fit snug around the neck.
- a small, secluded room in a tavern, as for private parties.
- snug (Thesaurus)