Meaning of slumber
Pronunciation: (slum'bur), [key]
- to sleep, esp. lightly; doze; drowse.
- to be in a state of inactivity, negligence, quiescence, or calm: Vesuvius is slumbering.
- to spend or pass (time) in slumbering (often fol. by away, out, or through): to slumber the afternoon away.
- to dispel or forget by slumbering (often fol. by away): to slumber cares away.
- Sometimes,sleep, esp. light sleep.
- a period of sleep, esp. light sleep.
- a state of inactivity, quiescence, etc.
- slumber (Thesaurus)