slake: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (slāk), [key]
— v., slaked, slak•ing.
- to allay (thirst, desire, wrath, etc.) by satisfying.
- to cool or refresh: He slaked his lips with ice.
- to make less active, vigorous, intense, etc.: His calm manner slaked their enthusiasm.
- to cause disintegration of (lime) by treatment with water. Cf.
- to make loose or less tense; slacken.
- (of lime) to become slaked.
- to become less active, intense, vigorous, etc.; abate.
- slake (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.