Meaning of sketch
Pronunciation: (skech), [key]
- a simply or hastily executed drawing or painting, esp. a preliminary one, giving the essential features without the details.
- a rough design, plan, or draft, as of a book.
- a brief or hasty outline of facts, occurrences, etc.: a sketch of his life.
- a short, usually descriptive, essay, history, or story.
- a short play or slight dramatic performance, as one forming part of a vaudeville program.
- to make a sketch of.
- to set forth in a brief or general account: He sketched his own part in the affair.
- (in a steel mill or the like) to mark (a piece) for cutting.
- to make a sketch or sketches.
- sketch (Thesaurus)